Rights and Duties of Directors, 12th edition
The new, 12th edition of Rights and Duties of Directors is a highly practical and comprehensive publication relevant to all company directors and their advisers
“For any director (experienced or inexperienced), this is a key text they should not be without”  Student Law Journal
"Rights and Duties of Directors is an essential guideline for any company director."  German- British Chamber of Industry & Commerce
It clearly explains the rights and powers of directors and their specific duties as prescribed by company law and legislation. Includes: Changes to reflect updates in employment regulations and best practice, for example repeal of the statutory disciplinary and grievance procedure by the Employment Act 2008 and amendment of flexible working rights for employees; Relevant information from the Shareholders Rights Directive; An update on corporate governance, in particular changes emanating from the FSA’s Walker Review; Updates in case law, for example the first prosecution under new corporate manslaughter legislation.
Martha Bruce is a partner at David Venus and Co.
1: The nature of office of director;
2: Directors, the Board and the company secretary;
3. Directors’ rights;
4. Statutory statement of directors’ general duties;
5. Breach of duty by a director;
6. Statutory duties of directors;
7. Accounting and financial responsibilities of directors;
8. Directors’ duties and the members;
9. Directors’ duties in public and listed companies;
10. Directors and corporate governance;
11. Directors’ duties and employment issues;
12. Directors’ duties and the environment;
13. Duties and the customer;
14. Directors, creditors and insolvency.
ISBN: 978 1 84766 889 9
Publication Date: Aug-12
Availability: In print
List price: £98