E-Privacy and Online Data Protection, 2nd edition
Written by Susan Singleton, with Precedents by Eduardo Ustaran
E-Privacy and Online Data Protection is the essential tool for in-house lawyers working in companies that trade electronically and handle information relating to individuals. With its authoritative and easy-to-follow explanations this report will give you all the information you need to operate lawfully online while respecting the privacy of your staff and customers.
Its comprehensively updated content and cutting-edge commentary make this Special Report the only way to keep up-to-date with current legal practice in an area of law and technology that has seen major upheaval and unprecedented change in recent years.
This vital knowledge and expertise can now be yours for just £275+VAT. Complete the form overleaf to order your copy today.
For less than the price of an hour's consultancy, you'll have all the targeted information it contains at your fingertips, ready for immediate use as and when issues arise. You won't just be saving time - by doing away with the need for costly external advice, you'll be saving precious resources for your company too.
This new second edition will answer the following questions with confidence and clarity:
- Does my website gather data in an effective and legal way?
- Can I lawfully send marketing emails and other communications to my customers and prospective customers?
- What does “fair and lawful processing” of data entail?
- How does the Information Commissioner’s Employment Code affect my business?
- Can I read my employees’ emails and internet details at work and control their blogs and on–line pages?
- How can I minimise liability for staff misuse of email?
- How can I ensure safe and legal transfer of data outside the UK?
- Contains E-privacy guidance notes from the Information Commissioner’s Office
It is accompanied by a CD-ROM containing 13 useful Precedents:
- Opt-out and opt-in
- Confidentiality agreement between data controller and data processor
- Data processing agreement with Internet Service Provider
- Variation to existing agreement with Internet Service Provider
- Data processing agreement with Internet Service Provider based outside the European Economic Area
- Standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area
- Standard contractual clauses for transfers of personal data to a signatory of the United States ‘Safe Harbor’ programme
- Notice and disclaimer for e-mail footer
- Employee code of conduct for the use of communication
- Variation to employment contract regarding the code of conduct for the use of communications
- Standard data protection warranties for corporate transactions
Together these precedents - and the many other priceless insights included in the Special Report - provide a definitive understanding of the issues involved, and an essential resource for everyone affected by them.
ISBN/ISSN:978 1 84592 449 2
Publication Date: Dec 07
Availability: In Print
Price: £300.00 (plus VAT at 10%)