All books must be returned according to the conditions outlined below.
All looseleaf publications are sold on a firm sale basis to direct & trade customers and are non-returnable (unless defective).
Books Returns Policy: Terms & Conditions
Customers must obtain prior written authorisation to return books in accordance with the policy outlined below. Authorisation is subject to the following conditions. Credits will be issued according to price and discount on original invoice:
- Returns will be accepted no later than 12 months from original date of purchase
- Returns will not be accepted unless the books have been kept for at least 3 months
- Returned titles must be the current edition
- Returned titles must have been purchased from Marston Book Services
- Returned titles must be returned direct to Marston Book Services
- Returned titles must be accompanied by documentation detailing original invoice numbers, correct ISBN, title and quantities returned
- Returns must be received in resalable condition, in the event of evidence of damage due to inadequate packaging or mishandling credit will be refused
- Where a return includes a CD Rom or Floppy Disk original packaging must be intact
- No credit will be given for partial sets where complete sets are supplied
Defective Books: Please obtain instruction on method of despatch as the publisher will bear carriage costs where appropriate title page returns will be authorised.
Damaged in Transit/Incorrect Shipment: Any incorrect shipment and/or books received damaged in transit should be brought to the attention of the Customer Services Department within 7 days of receipt and prior to any return. Instructions regarding method of despatch will be forwarded.
Books returned in a damaged condition or outside the policy: These will not be credited and the bookseller will be notified by means of a ‘nil’ value entry on the credit note. This will be the only notification and is the opportunity to send instructions regarding the disposal of books. If no reply is received within 2 weeks of the credit note date the bookseller will forfeit any rights to the books concerned and Bloomsbury Professional will reserve the right to destroy said books. If required to return books to your premises, your account will be debited with the charge of £5 UK/£10 EXPORT per carton to cover administration, packaging and carriage costs.
All Return Shipments are at the customer’s risk and should be sent on a prepaid door to door basis. Bloomsbury Professional will not accept responsibility for customs clearance, local delivery charges, or any storage charges resulting from inappropriate shipment.
Returns should be addressed:
Marston Book Services
Returns Department (Authorised Bloomsbury Professional Return
Unit 160, Milton Park
PO Box 269
Tel: +44 (0)1235 465500
Fax: +44 (0)1235 465555