Many firms have implemented corporate governance, yet have fallen into collapse and scandal involving their operations. What has gone wrong? This is the definitive, practical guide to the ever changing corporate governance landscape highlighting the potential pitfalls, tackling the issues, placing blame where appropriate, and recommending possible solutions to these problems.
It ensures that you are up to date and compliant with best practice giving you complete confidence that you are continuing to function within the legal, ethical and practical parameters of corporate governance.
Updates to the 8th edition relate to the new versions of the Corporate Governance Codes, including:
- Financial Reporting Council (February 2017), Audit Tenders: Notes on Best Practice.
- Financial Reporting Council (July 2016), Corporate Culture: Key to Sustainable Growth.
- The Institute of Internal Auditors Inc. (January 2017), International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Financial Reporting Council (July 2018), Guidance on Board Effectiveness.
- Financial Reporting Council (July 2018), UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Financial Reporting Council (December 2018), The Wates Corporate Governance Principles for Large Private Companies.
- Quoted Companies Alliance (2018) Corporate Governance Code.