Provides practitioners with a comprehensive guide to practice and procedure in each jurisdiction in Ireland (District, Circuit and Superior Courts) together with basic essential precedents. It is the first general textbook in many years to detail practice and procedure in the family law courts. It is a comprehensive and detailed guide to the court's rulings, legislative developments and procedural and evidential rules, which are extraordinarily specific, setting out the rules comprehensively and clearly. It is accessible and useful for practitioners with all relevant material on the practical considerations, procedural requirements and evidential issues specific to family law proceedings in the lower and superior courts.
The book covers:
- The most recent case law and recent legislative developments
- The rules of District Court, Circuit Court and High Court
- Detailed analysis and practical guidance on all recent case law and key procedural developments in the areas of divorce, civil partnership, child law, financial provision, enforcement and appeals
- Discovery rules in family law
- Enforcement of judgments / committals
- Transfer of proceedings/ consolidation
- Settlement of proceedings
- Third party procedure
This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Irish Child and Family Law online service.