Pensions Law Handbook, 15th Edition is the definitive guide to this area of law and practice in the UK. It outlines the main responsibilities of key personnel in the operation and governance of occupational pension schemes and provides guidance through the complex web of statutes, regulations, regulatory guidance and case law.
As well as undertaking a full update of existing content, new material in this edition includes an overview of the:
- Pension Schemes Bill 2019-21 (including new powers for the Pensions Regulator and changes to the scheme funding regime)
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- New requirements for investment governance and disclosure
- Important cases including Lloyds Bank (GMP equalisation), Hughes (PPF compensation cap), Safeway (equalisation) and BIC (scheme amendment)
- Proposals for a new DB funding code of practice
This title deals with the law applicable to specific tasks in the operation and governance of occupational pension schemes. It is essential reading for all pensions lawyers and consultants, accountants, HR professionals and managers of pensions fund trusts.