Are you ready if a client wishes to make a data protection claim, or needs to defend one?
A User's Guide to Data Protection: Law and Policy, Third Edition sets out all the compliance issues that organisations need to be aware of to successfully comply with the UK data protection rules and regulations, along with a full assessment of the EU Data Protection Regulations and their impact on UK practice.
This work is a first port of call, providing clear guidance through the complex web of data protection issues and regulation in relation both to internal issues affecting employees, agents and contractors as well as external issues concerning customers, prospective customers and users across all data interface.
The Third Edition includes analysis of all new cases and in-depth coverage of:
- The new UK Data Protection Act 2018
- The repeal of the Data Protection Act 1998 (subject to transitional arrangements)
- The General Data Protection Regulations
- The latest information on Commissioner Office investigations, reports, guidance and proceedings
- Brexit and data protection issues including the need for an EU Data Adequacy
- Decision and post-Brexit data protection implications
- Significant increased fines and penalties regime; and data protection competition law comparisons
- The latest position on the Right to be Forgotten
- International developments and issues, the cloud, the internet, revenge porn and online abuse
- Security issues
- Data protection, e-commerce and electronic communications data protection law update