Offering a practical overview of income tax in the UK from one of the UK's leading tax writers, Income Tax 2021/22 covers day-to-day issues frequently encountered by tax practitioners, explaining in straightforward terms what the law means in practice.
This new edition has been updated throughout for 2021/22 income tax rates and allowances, and includes the following:
- Commentary on the Making Tax Digital (MTD) project, including flagging up what taxpayers can do to get ready for MTD for income tax
- New commentary on the European Union (Future Relationship) Act 2020
- New material relating to late payment and deliberately withholding information penalties
- Commentary on the Covid-19 Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS), Furlough Scheme and various other Covid-19 temporary measures
- New material on changes to the taxation of employee termination payments
- Commentary on various changes to the taxation of personal services provided through intermediaries
- New material and commentary on enhanced rate of Structures and Buildings allowance within freeport tax sites
- Commentary on HMRC Trust Register Scheme (TRS) obligations
This accessible reference guide has a user-friendly structure with 'signposts' at the beginning of each chapter to summarise key topics and 'focus points' throughout to highlight important issues, as well as numerous worked examples to demonstrate how to apply the main principles in practice.
John Hiddleston is a Tax Consultant at Azets. He has held senior roles in the tax technical departments of Top 20 accountancy firms – having been Head of Tax Technical at Vantis and, before that, National Director of Tax Technical at Howarth Clark Whitehall (Crowe UK).