About Philosophy of Law as an Integral Part of Philosophy
This edited collection includes contributions from expert philosophers of law and considers the work of one of the most important legal philosophers of our time, Professor Gerald J Postema. The chapters dig deep into important camps of Postema's rich theoretical project including:
- the value of the rule of law;
- the ideal of integrity in adjudication;
- his works on analogical reasoning;
- the methodology of jurisprudence;
- dialogues with Joseph Raz, Frederick Schauer and HLA Hart.
It includes an original article by Professor Postema, in which he develops his conception of the rule of law and replies to some objections to previous works, and an interview in which he provides a fascinating and unique insight into his philosophy of law.