Skilfully Passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) helps aspiring solicitors to study for and pass this qualification. From start to finish, it provides practical tips and tools from learning how to choose a course provider through to how to be admitted to the Roll of Solicitors as a qualified solicitor.
As the SQE is heavily based on the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme (QLTS), this is an essential title for all aspiring solicitors and qualified lawyers in foreign jurisdictions. It will help you understand what to expect from the exams and how to prepare for them.
Complementing your academic study materials, it provides insightful and practical, rather than merely theoretical, understanding. It offers solutions around questions and challenges when studying and practising your skills for the assessments, such as:
- What do you do when writing your attendance note and you realise you forgot to discuss an important point with your client in the interview?
- Should you make small talk or not with your client?
- How to deal with a situation when you cannot answer your client's question?
- What happens if you go over time?
- How do you continue with confidence and maintain your focus when you have made a mistake or do not know the law?
- How do you answer a judge professionally if you do not know the answer to a question?
Skilfully Passing the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) teaches you how to explain the law and legal principles in a clear and simplified manner, as well as to hone your communication skills in order to deliver a confident performance.