Introducing the practice and procedure of trade marks in Ireland and at the EU Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), this book steers clear of confusing legal jargon, explaining the main trade mark principles clearly and concisely.
Several new chapters have been added to the Second Edition, addressing topics such as trade mark searching, online infringement and trade mark protection post-Brexit. Recent Irish legislation is also covered:
- European Union (Trade Marks) Regulations 2018 (SI 561/2018)
- Trade Marks (Amendment) Rules 2018 (SI 562/2018)
- Trade Marks Act 1996 (Community Trade Mark) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (SI 563/2018)
- Trade Marks (Amendment) Rules 2019 (SI 588/2019 and 628/2019)
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Law Provisions Act 2019
- Public Health (Standardised Packaging of Tobacco) Act 2015
Notable authorities are also considered, such as:
- Galway Free Range Eggs Ltd v O' Brien and Ors  IEHC 249
- Nutrimedical BV & anor v Nualtra Ltd  IEHC 261;  IEHC 253
- Aldi v Dunnes Stores  IESC 41
- Cartier International & Ors v British Sky Broadcasting Limited & Ors  EWHC 3354 (Ch),  EWCA Civ 658 and  UKSC 28
- Sky Ltd & Ors v Skykick UK Ltd & Anor  EWHC 990 (Ch) and  EWCA Civ 1121
- Aviareto Ltd v Global Closing Room Ltd  IEHC 377
This is an indispensable guide for lawyers, those working in the area of IP, candidates intending to sit the Trade Mark Agent exam at the Intellectual Property Office of Ireland, sole traders, entrepreneurs and anyone wanting to protect their brand.
This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Intellectual Property and IT online service.