About Equality Law in the Workplace
Equality Law in the Workplace (originally titled: Employment Equality Law in Ireland) considers the equality issues that employers need to be aware of and deal with on a daily basis. This practical book covers pre-employment, during employment and post employment in Ireland.
1. Legislation: Employment Equality Act 1998; Equality Act 2004; Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2011; Civil Partnership and Certain Rights and Obligations of Cohabitants Act 2010; Employment Equality Act 1998 (S 76 Right to Information);
2. Fair Employment: Code of Practice Harassment, Order 208/2012;
3. Definition of Discrimination;
4. Pre Employment: Advertisement; Job Descriptions; Application Forms v. CVs; Shortlisting; Interviews; Feedback; Pre Employment Medicals; References - Taking up; Criminal Record Checks; Alcohol/ Drug testing; Professional Qualifications - proof of; Immigration Checks; Restrictive Covenants;
5. Employment: Terms of Employment; Offer Letter; Contract; Discrimination - 9 grounds; Victimisation; Social Media; Equal Pay; Institutions; Claims - time limits; EE1 + EE2; Mediation; Burden of Proof; References - Post Employment; Defamation; Remedies; Records.