A number of our titles are suitable as course texts and are available as Inspection copies in eBook (PDF) format for lecturers considering adopting the title on courses.
On this page:
- How to request an inspection copy
- What happens next?
- Terms and conditions
- Frequently asked questions
How to request an inspection copy
- Find a title relevant for your course.
- Click on the 'Request An Inspection Copy' button and add the eBook (PDF) edition to your basket.
- If the title you require does not have a button on the page, please email [email protected] We will need to know the following information: your academic establishment, course or module name(s) for which the title(s) is/are being requested, course or module start date, estimated number of students attending course or module, whether the title(s) would be considered: a) an essential/sole text; b) one of 2/3 essential course texts; c) recommended reading; or d) background reading
- Continue to browse and add up to 5 titles (within a calendar year) to your basket.
- View the items in your basket and click 'Proceed to inspection copy checkout'. You may need to choose 'Inspection items' at the top of the page if you have other standard items already in your basket.
- You will be asked to login or create an account.
- Once logged in or registered, you will be asked for your course and address details.
- Choose ‘Submit request’ and your order will be sent for approval.
What happens next?
- You will receive an email confirming your order and you can login at any time to check the status of your request.
- If your order meets our Terms and Conditions outlined below, our team will approve your request within 10 days, and you will then receive an email with details of how to download your digital copy.
- You will receive instructions for providing feedback approximately 30 days after your inspection copy is dispatched.
Terms and Conditions
- As standard, only 5 titles can be ordered at one time and within any one calendar year. If you would like support in choosing the most appropriate book for your course, or would be interested in seeing a wider range of our titles, please contact your campus sales representative who will be happy to discuss your course needs and make recommendations.
- Inspection copies will only be sent to academic institution addresses apart from in exceptional circumstances, for example the temporary closure of your institution.
- Inspection copies will only be sent to course leaders with groups of 12 students or more.
- Not all titles are available on inspection – only those which are suitable for higher education level study and which have course adoption potential.
- EU customers, including Republic of Ireland: due to ongoing issues with supplying to the EU (following Brexit) and to protect digital rights for certain titles (namely those acquired from Macmillan Education Ltd in 2021) there is currently a manual process in place for inspection copy supply. Please select eBook if available, but if you don’t see this option please email [email protected] with course details (Level e.g. undergraduate year 1, Degree Name, Course Name, Course Number, Start Date, Frequency e.g. yearly, and Number of Students) and your academic address (Name, Position, Department, Address, Country). We will help you get what you need for your course, with the default option being an electronic inspection copy to avoid any delay or customs charges.
- Customers outside the UK and EU: we will supply an electronic inspection copy.
- Instructors are welcome to keep the inspection copy, providing they supply feedback (even if the feedback is that the book is unsuitable for their course).
- All inspection copies are supplied at our discretion, and we reserve the right to refuse any request for an inspection copy.
- Please note that we currently support the following browsers: Chrome (latest version, as it auto updates); Firefox (latest version, as it auto updates); and Safari (latest version, as it auto updates).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is my inspection copy?
A: You can login into your Bloomsbury.com account at any time and click on the ‘Inspection Copies’ tab within ‘My Account’ to see the status of your request, which should read: Awaiting Review/Approved/Dispatched. If you have any further queries, please email [email protected].
Q: The title I would like to request does not have a ‘Request inspection copy’ button on the page
A: We only allow inspection copy orders on titles via our website. If the book you require does not have a button on the page, please email your full course details (Course Name, Level, Module, Number of Students and Start Date) and your academic address (Name, Position, Department, Address) to [email protected] and our team will get back to you.
Q: How do I submit my feedback?
You will receive instructions via email for providing feedback approximately 30 days after your inspection copy is dispatched.
If you have any queries about inspection copies, please email [email protected]