A well-established, clear and comprehensive book on Scots family and child law that will be of practical use to students and practitioners.
This book is set out in a clear and logical manner and includes chapters on:
· the formalities and legal consequences of marriage; civil partnership and cohabitation;
· divorce, dissolution and the breakdown of cohabitation;
· the rights and capacity of children;
· adoption and permanence; and
· the Children's Hearings System.
The eighth edition incorporates all recent legislative changes including the Domestic Abuse (Scotland) Act 2018, Children (Equal Protection from Assault) (Scotland) Act 2019, Age of Criminal Responsibility (Scotland) Act 2019, Children (Scotland) Act 2020 and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Act 2020.
This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Scottish Law and Scots Law Student online services.