If you're involved in drafting or amending legislation in the Commonwealth or beyond, you need a guide that will help you with both the traditional and modern techniques of drafting good quality statutory law.
Thornton's Legislative Drafting is recognised as the leading professional title in this area, used and referred to by legal officers and drafters internationally.
Completely refreshed and updated, the new sixth edition includes full coverage of contemporary drafting developments and advances.
Fully updated and alongside the detailed, learned and professional guidance and examples of best – and bad – practice, the new 6th edition will include new chapters on:
- Legislation as a Tool for Regulation
- International Agreements – Drafting and Implementation
- Pre-legislative Scrutiny: How to Scrutinise a Draft
- Post-legislative Scrutiny
- EU legislation - Drafting and Transposition