Modern publishing. Professional products. Traditional values.
Bloomsbury Professional publish high quality books and digital products for lawyers, tax practitioners, accountants and business professionals.
With our list of prestigious authors, editors and contributors, you can rely on the quality of the information you are using and therefore make complex decisions with confidence.
Part of the Bloomsbury Publishing Group, Bloomsbury Professional remains a small, efficient publishing house with traditional values and a high standard of customer service. When it comes to dealing with your query, we won’t drop your call into a faceless call centre with automated switchboards and holding queues; you will talk to real people who care about your custom.
For customer service enquiries or contact details for our three offices, please visit the Contact Us page.
Bloomsbury Professional Company Information
Company Registration Number: 05233465.
Registered Office: 50 Bedford Square, London WC1B 3DP.
Country of Registration: England.
Bloomsbury Professional is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, producing information in the areas of law, tax and accounting.
We are looking to appoint a marketing executive. The successful candidate will be responsible for marketing a portfolio of products, including: online, books, looseleafs, journals, and events, with the aim of achieving set revenue targets, whilst remaining within budget.
• Ensure that every title publishing in the year receives a thorough campaign with the aim of hitting pre-publication, monthly and annual targets
• Ensure backlist titles benefit from all cross-selling opportunities
• Compile campaign plans with quantities and costs, taking into consideration expected response rates
• Liaise with external suppliers. Negotiate to get the best prices
• Produce copy and coordinate artwork production
• Coordinate mail and email shots
• Coordinate telesales campaigns and brief sales team
• Ensure timely delivery of ad artwork and inserts
• Organise/attend book launches where relevant
• Monitor results of each campaign element
• Take a leadership role in ensuring copy is correct and compelling in all channels (catalogue, website, etc)
• Ensure that titles are well-represented to domestic and overseas trade contacts and at relevant exhibitions and conferences
• Use emails appropriately to engage with customers and minimise unsubscribes
• Generate content for the blog
• Ensure effective SEO on blog and ecommerce sites
• Set up and monitor pay per click campaigns to drive traffic to the blog and ecommerce site
• Test and maximise effectiveness of landing pages
• Use Google Analytics to measure effectiveness of campaigns and to tweak accordingly
• Report regularly on marketing activity and results
• Liaise with authors and keep them informed of marketing activity, in order to maximise their engagement and support
• Read around the subject and attend events for knowledge and networking, in order to stay informed with regard to subject, market and competition.
Skills, knowledge and experience
• Two years’ marketing experience, particularly digital
• Up on the latest marketing techniques
• Commercially aware
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to work to deadlines
• Great attention to detail
• Very good people skills
• Marketing qualification
This position will be based at Bloomsbury Professional, Maxwelton House, 41-43 Boltro Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1BJ. To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, including current salary details to email@example.com - HR Manager.
The closing date for this role is 9am on Tuesday 30th May 2017.
Business Development Executive
Bloomsbury Professional, part of the Bloomsbury plc Group, is a leading independent legal, accountancy and tax publishing business with offices in London, Oxford, Dublin, Edinburgh and Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
The continued expansion and growth of our legal, tax and accountancy on-line portfolio has led to the creation of this exciting new role.
Main purpose of the role
• Growth of revenue within defined markets (UK Law, Family Law, Tax and Accountancy) and geographic territories through pro-actively selling Bloomsbury Professional’s products to existing and new customers in order to achieve and exceed KPI and revenue targets
• The pro-active negotiation and sale of commercially sound contracts for new and existing customers. Retaining and growing on-line subscriptions within the existing customer base, identifying upsell opportunities, where appropriate, and securing new business opportunities from self-sourced prospects.
• The establishment of appropriate telephone, video conference, and face to face contact strategies and customer account plans for your customer base to ensure effective coverage of your sales territory and sales success.
• The identification of customer needs to allow you to develop effective, structured sales plans which demonstrate to the customer how Bloomsbury Professional can solve problems and add value to their business.
• The maintenance and development of strong relationships with customers through regular client meetings, responding to client requests and feedback in a timely manner.
• The development of suitable renewal strategies which are appropriately executed in a timely manner and which aim to minimise any discount offered and maximise client retention and revenue growth.
• The identification of at risk customers within your portfolio and the prioritisation of efforts to ensure customer and revenue retention
• The demonstration of the features, advantages and benefits of all Bloomsbury Professional products, and the ability to present them to customers in a compelling fashion.
• The conducting of product demonstrations and client presentations as appropriate, and the maintenance of the quantity and quality of customer contact is in line with agreed targets.
• The maintenance of an integrated customer care approach achieved by working alongside other stakeholder departments (e.g. Editorial, Customer Services, Marketing, Credit control or Product Development).
• Keeping up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products.
• Adherence at all times to planning, documentation and data recording standards in line with agreed processes and procedures.
• The accurate and timely creation and maintenance of all customer and prospect records for your territory within sales force, maintaining data and recording standards in line with agreed processes and procedures
• The timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports.
• The handling of day-to-day operational problems within your own territory and the solving of problems.
• Any other duties as reasonably required
Specialist Knowledge/Skills Required
• Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven B2B sales environment
• Excellent communication skills essential, as well as territory and time management and planning
• Excellent new business sales skills with evidence of ability to close new business opportunities via both telephone and face to face selling
• At least two years’ experience in an account management and/or field sales or telesales role
• Strong and proven negotiation skills
• Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining excellent customer relationships
• Applied knowledge of best practice sales techniques, including negotiation, presentation skills and general communication
• Able to absorb and retain a large amount of product, system and market information
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Experience of SalesForce an advantage
In return we can offer you the following attractive package:
• Competitive salary and OTE
• Contributory pension
• Based out of our Haywards Heath office in West Sussex
• Territory in London and South East
• 25 days holiday
• Share save scheme
• A fun, lively and focused team environment
If you have the desire to succeed and are looking for a rewarding opportunity, then please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you're the right candidate for this job to Richard Price (firstname.lastname@example.org). The covering letter must include at least 300 words describing your relevant work experience and why you think you would be suitable for this position. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered. Closing date 31st June 2017.