This important product provides subscribers with an authoritative, and pragmatic guide to the taxation treatment of interest and debt finance for both individuals and companies.
Continually reviewed to ensure that the content is accessible and up to date, the text offers unprecedented broad and deep integrated coverage of both the law and accounting practice and as they stand today and have stood in previous years.
The wide range of topics covered in this text include:
• What constitutes interest
• Whether interest is yearly and payable subject to withholding;
• Reporting obligations under FATCA and the CRS;
• Income tax, capital gains tax and corporation treatment of financing arrangements
• IFRS GAAP and UK GAAP relevant to the corporation tax treatment of financing arrangements
The expert advice within this product provides invaluable guidance for practitioners in a wide range of day-to-day scenarios, such as:
• Determining whether interest has a UK source or whether a compensation payment could be subject to withholding tax;
• Advising a private client from an income tax, CGT or IHT perspective in relation to a borrowing or debt investment;
• Determining whether a financing arrangement is disclosable under DOTAS or DAC 6;
• Identifying reporting obligations under FATCA or the CRS.
• Planning how to raise funds for a particular project or business; and/or restructuring the borrowings of a company or a group of companies