Brings together all the areas of employment and labour law relevant to the parties involved in the employment relationship in Scotland.
Covers the following:
- References to relevant primary and secondary research materials in the UK and further afield.
- The differences between Scottish employment law and the rest of the UK including third party rights; holiday entitlements; claims in breach of contract; the Employment Appeals Tribunal process and Civil Court procedure.
- Institutions of employment law; Human rights; contracts of employment; atypical workers; transfer of undertakings; termination; equality law; disability discrimination; family-friendly rights; wages; statutory regulation of working time; health and safety; trade union law; industrial action; immigration; and alternative dispute resolution.
- Updated case law
- The Scottish Affairs Committee inquiry into zero hours contracts and the increase in 'gig economy'
- Elimination of employment tribunal fees by the UK Supreme Court
- Ongoing discussions in the Scottish parliament regarding changes in legislation on sexual harassment in the workplace
- The possible implications of Brexit on future European Court of Justice employment law