Provides the answers to all the questions that can arise on the formation, operation and dissolution of Partnerships, LPs and LLPs as well as the answers to all questions that can arise in disputes between partners, ex-partners and outsiders.
Fully revised and updated this new edition will include coverage of:
- The introduction of the Private Fund Limited Partnership (PFLP) in 2017
- Application of discrimination law in the context of partnerships/LLPs: Seldon v Clarkson, Wright and Jakes; Tiffin v Lester Aldridge LLP; Bates v van Winklehof
- Interpretation of partnership agreements, what amount to partnership assets and how they should be valued, in the context of the retirement or buy-out of a former partner: Drake v Harvey; Ham v Ham; Ham v Bell
- The role, if any, of the doctrine of repudiation in the context of partnerships (Golstein v Bishop) and LLPs (Flanagan v Liontrust Management LLP)
- What nature of “business” may constitute a partnership (Bhatti v HMRC)
- Impact of changes made to the insolvency regime (including the Insolvency Rules 2016) on insolvency of partnerships and LLPs