About The Law and Practice Relating to Charities: First Supplement to the Fourth Edition
The Law and Practice Relating to Charities: First Supplement to the Fourth Edition takes into account the consolidation following the Charities Act 2006 and includes analysis of the October 2011 ruling in The Independent Schools Council v The Charity Commission for England and Wales regarding what schools must do to justify their charitable status.
The supplement to the fourth edition of The Law and Practice Relating to Charities also includes:
• Incorporating Charities Act 2011;
• Protection of Freedoms Act 2012;
• Summarising Lord Hodgson's Charities Act review and reactions;
• Initiatives being undertaken in Ireland Hong Kong and Australia;
• Exclusive Brethren Gnostic Centre Druid Network case;
• Helena Partnerships Ltd v HMRC  EWCA Civ 569;
• Young and another v HM sg  EWHC 37832 Ch (Wedgwood Museum case);
• Catholic Care v Charity Commission and Equal Human Rights Commission[ 2010] EWHC 520 Ch Briggs J;
• New Definition of charity for tax purposes.