Data Protection, Privacy Regulators and Supervisory Authorities explores and details the establishment, rules, and powers of data protection regulators and supervisory authorities. It also discusses rights issues (pursuing and defending) as well as the developing area of fines and contestability.
Data protection and privacy are arguably the most significant developing areas of law and policy. New regulations span from the GDPR (EU) to the CCPA (California), and other new rules internationally. How the new data protection rules operate on a day-to-day basis is linked to the activities, functions and orders of data protection regulators and supervisory authorities.
This brand new title includes coverage of:
- The establishment and wider powers of the new data regulators
- The new sanctions, orders, penalties and powers to enforce compliance
- The new obligations to contact data regulators even before data collections
- The detailed GDPR and DPA powers and requirements
- Recent fines, penalties and case law including CJEU
This book is essential for any entity dealing with the new data protection and privacy issues as no company, organisation nor their internal or external advisors, can ignore these new regulators, nor fully understand the new data protection and privacy compliance landscape without a detailed appreciation of these regulators.