This book is the 'one-stop-shop' for practical contractual matters, making it essential reading for anyone involved in negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
Answering questions such as 'How do I draft my contract clearly?', 'What will happen if my contract is interpreted by the English court?' and 'Why are liability clauses so full of legal jargon?', the book includes:
- A guide to the common legal issues in negotiating and drafting contracts
- An explanation of the structure and content of a commercial contract
- The meaning and use of commonly-used words, phrases and legal jargon
- An explanation of key UK contracts legislation, including the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Steps to take, and what to check for in a contract to eliminate errors
- Practical measures to protect documents from unwanted alteration, to remove metadata and sensitive information and to secure documents
Fully updated to take account of important court decisions regarding the interpretation of contracts and changes in consumer legislation, the Fifth Edition also includes:
- A new chapter on termination of contracts
- New material on administering of existing contracts and modern methods of executing documents (eg DocuSign)
- New and updated examples of contract drafting techniques
- Additional definitions of legal terms used in contracts
This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Company and Commercial Law online service.