Nearly four million companies incorporated in the UK allow their constitution or company rule book to be dictated by the standard Articles of Association.
Designed to aid professional advisers, directors and shareholders make better decisions about any company's constitution, this book provides:
- The background to the articles of association, the Company Law act 2006, business structures and their needs.
- A review of the case law and the implications for amending the articles of association
- A detailed analysis of the default Articles of association proscribed in The Companies (Model Articles) Regulations 2008 Table A.
- A guide to drafting articles of association, real life examples and discussions on why companies should adapt Table A to suit specific company requirements.
- All precedents are available as electronic downloads
Solicitors and accountants will have the tools to confidently advise clients on how the articles of association impacts on the company and with clever drafting how the constitution of the company can be amended to provide clear provisions to suit its strategic position.
For those who may wish to consider changing the constitution of their own company, the book is full of practical examples, together with do's and don'ts, and illustrations and full procedures for trustees, family investment and property companies providing guidelines for minority shareholders, investors and directors.