The new edition of this well-established title (the eighteenth in the series) covers a comprehensive range of topics, from the personal affairs of a director on appointment to the conduct of a company's business and questions of governance and strategy. It gives the reader an understanding of the practical application of all the legal and regulatory issues facing directors, both on a day-to-day operational basis and in relation to questions of importance to long term decision making.
Updates to the previous edition include:
- new material covering the AIM regime and the AIM Rules for companies, and the application of the Market Abuse Regulation to both listed and AIM companies following Brexit
- an updated chapter on insolvency issues, covering the reforms and structures introduced by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020
- new and updated sections on directors' 'general' duties under the Companies Act 2006 (including s.172) and on directors' disqualification
- reviews of directors' reporting obligations in the Annual Report and otherwise, and of relations with shareholders
The new edition also covers the administrative and accounting obligations of directors under the Companies Act 2006, the role of directors and board decision making, the listing regime and governance arrangements applicable to different types of company, employees and customers, aspects of competition law, requirements concerning the environment, and public company takeovers.
Available as an electronic publication, this e-Book provides easy access to formal guidance notes and other publications of third party institutions and organisations and supports cross referencing in the text.
This book aims to be a compendium handbook with a legal basis and will help the reader to:
- understand the full range of issues which may face directors and those proposing to become directors
- provide information and guidance on matters which boards may need to address in their decision making processes, including appendices detailing some practical checklists and a practical Glossary of terms with electronic links to the text aiding the accessibility of the work to all readers.
- broaden the horizons of those seeking to understand the extent of the legal, regulatory and practical considerations which may need to be considered in companies both large and small
It's an invaluable resource for company directors, company secretaries, and governance and HR professionals in organisations of all sizes, as well as their legal advisers, in house lawyers, company law practitioners, and financial advisers.