Taxation of Company Reorganisations, Sixth Edition is an essential reference source for tax advisers which covers the basic rules of corporation tax and capital gains, reorganisations, share exchanges and other deemed reorganisations, reconstructions, mergers, demergers and branch incorporations, as well as cross-border transactions.
Written by authors with more than fifty years' experience of dealing with clients from small owner-managed businesses to multinational corporate groups, this title includes guidance on the full range of corporate transactions and is applicable to a wide number of organisations. While there is comprehensive coverage of the technical and theoretical meaning of the legislation, the authors have also drawn on their vast practical experience, derived from many years of transaction-based work.
This Sixth Edition has been brought fully up to date with recent Finance Acts including FA 2019 and the proposals for FA 2020 that were published in July 2019. It has been reviewed for company and European law and has been updated in relation to the following:
- Changes to substantial shareholding exemptions in Finance (No. 2) Act 2017
- Changes to EIS, SEIS and VCT investment schemes in FA 2018
- The introduction of LBTT in Scotland and LTT in Wales
- Stamp duty changes proposed for FA 2020
- Enhanced material on the taxation of goodwill and loan relationships on a reorganisation
Cases updated since the last edition include:
- Gallaher Ltd v Revenue and Customs Commissioners  UKFTT 207 (TC) (on application of s171 TCGA 1992)
- Hancock  1 WLR 3409 (Supreme Court decision)
- Trigg  EWCA Civ 17 (Court of Appeal decision)
|05 Oct 2020
This book is available on Bloomsbury Collections where your library has access.
Your School account is not valid for the United Kingdom site. You have been logged out of your account.
You are on the United Kingdom site. Would you like to go to the United Kingdom site?