The free flow of information and services around the world via the Internet constantly creates new issues and problems, such as rules of jurisdiction and applicable law, how new products and services should be regulated and many more.
The sixth edition is updated with numerous new practical examples, cases (court cases and ICO complaint cases), laws and developments, including the following:
· new Brexit legislation across all areas from January 2021 (post Brexit on 31 December 2020);
· new Data Protection Act replacing Data Protection Act 2018;
· new ePrivacy Regulations (PECR);
· new ePrivacy Regulation (EU);
· transition of EU registered trade marks and designs into new UK IP rights from 1 January 2021 creating new UK IP rights and new UK rightsholders;
· changes in seeking IP protection in EU for UK residents;
· changes in UK rightsholders seeking to take infringement actions outside of UK;
· status of unregistered IP rights post Brexit;
· different impacts on different IP rights;
· status of UK commercial contracts, interpretation, and enforceability,
· status of pre-existing contracts created prior to Brexit and which refer to EU and UK being in EU;
· status, extent and scope of new contracts after Brexit;
· UK torts and insurance law as impacted by Brexit;
· changes in crime, data retention and international issues;
· taxation changes, international relations, international Treaties, and EU
· competition, internet, and regulator changes – including Brexit;
· new UK caselaw;
· news UK regulator cases, decision, sanctions and fines;
· new EU caselaw.
This title is included in Bloomsbury Professional's Intellectual Property and IT online service.