The skills, techniques and strategies for mediation - everything you need to successfully tackle a mediation. The mediation process has become an increasingly important method of tackling problems, complaints and disputes. Ensure you have the latest techniques and strategies in your armoury.
This practical book outlines the skills and techniques required to prepare for, participate in, and conduct mediation. By using its examples and checklists, you will be able to approach any mediation with complete confidence.
Essential new tools and resources - you will benefit from exercises, tools and resources giving you the opportunity to learn, and update, the skills, techniques and strategies needed when mediating.
This user-friendly guide will enable you to:
- Master mediation skills and techniques;
- Create an environment conducive to mediation;
- Design a fair and effective negotiation process;
- Diagnose problems, complaints and disputes;
- Assist the parties to identify their interests and priorities;
- Provide momentum for settlement;
- Avoid mediator traps;
- Access key ADR tools and resources including mediation agreements, mediation rules and procedures, sample settlement agreements, a range of guidance notes and up-to-date reading materials;
- Develop a mediation practice;
- Gain an overview of the practice of mediation across Europe.
Essential new material for all mediators, lawyers representing clients in mediation, organisations in dispute, users of dispute resolution services, ADR organisations, as well as anybody studying mediation.